FS Open sessions
- No crossover for levels even for private lessons.
- Coaches, try to teach as much as possible from the boards.
- Skaters in their programs have complete right of way except when
- running multiple programs
- or program sections.
- Coaches, please try to teach spins in the corners.
- Coaches as much as possible please try to keep moves in the field lessons on the less crowded sessions.
- Everyone please be courteous and give adults the right of way during their sessions.
- During the adult sessions only adult programs may be run
- Skaters must check in at the office when they arrive in the morning so we know who will be on what sessions.
- Walk ins either call ahead or stop in the office to check ice availability
- Coaches and skaters, if you have a break please use the lobby or the multipurpose room. An additional microwave will be in the multipurpose room this summer.
- Please refrain from hanging out in the office.
Please bring the following to Camp each day:
- Light jacket or sweatshirt
- Skating equipment: Skates, guards, skating apparel, practice attire, sweater, gloves and tights
- Yoga mat or towel
- Water bottle
- Nutritious snacks
- Notebook & pen/pencil
- Program music and competition dress if participating in program practice
- Ballet shoes for Ballet class
- Supportive gym shoes for off-ice training classes
On Friday, June 7th from 5:00-6:00pm in the multipurpose room, several members of the Junior Board will be having a seminar for parents and/or skaters about the IJS system and new USFS programs introduced this year, such as the National Qualifying Series and the Excel Series. We will also have an open question&answer opportunity at the end to go over any other questions that might have come up. We will send out a link to this powerpoint shortly afterwards, so it’s okay if you miss it.
Here is a list of topics that will be covered during this seminar:
- Excel Series
- Showcase Nationals
- National Qualifying Series
- National High Performance Development Team
- Footwork/Choreographic Sequence
While we are excited to ring in the New Year, 2018 was a great year for NFSC! Here is a taste of some of the fun and success we shared! Cheers to 2018!